What Is A Buyers Advocate?
Professional property advocates for real estate.
A buyers advocate or also called as a buyers agent is a professional who has a licence from the appropriate authority to search, inspect as well as evaluate a property that is on the market for sale. Additionally, they also negotiate with the opposite party on behalf of their buyer thereby getting them the best deal on the property in question. They will not be working with any other real estate or agency and have one sole client, the buyer. Sellers who are selling the property have their sellers advocate, so to level the playing field, the buyer should ideally also have a buying advocate.
The seller’s advocate will try their level best to increase the price of the property so that the sellers can benefit. The buyers advocate will try their level best to get the property at a lesser price for the buyer. We at sellers buyers have helped tons of buyers in South America at buying properties at the right prices so that they do not feel like they have been cheated on. Most of them being people who are investing for the first time, people who are downsizing, people who are upsizing, developers and so on.
Are these buyers advocates licensed?
Yes, the buyer’s advocates are all fully licensed by the competent authorities in South Africa. Sellers agents perform thorough background checks on all the buyer’s advocates that are in their employ. The process to become a good licensed buyer advocate is particularly tough and takes time. The buyer advocate first has to clear a written exam; he or she then has to find an agency that is ready to accept them as an intern for about 12 months. During these 12 months, these buyers advocates are expected to learn all that they can about the markets, the rates, the behaviours of the sellers and buyers and any tips and tricks from a mentor. They also have some on-field experience as they are with their mentors and are observing and learning. Till the buyer advocate become a full agent, he or she is not allowed to sign any official and legal documents on behalf of their clients. The buyer advocate must maintain a log book of all the experience that he or she has gained on the field which has to be signed by their mentor periodically. This log book will be inspected by the competent authority during the practice exams and test to certify the buyer advocate.
Why should you use a buyers advocate?
There are a host of reasons as to why you should ideally have a buyers agent who will guide you to get the best deal on the market. Some of them are as follows:
- You will be saving tons of time by not having to deal with most of the paperwork; you do not have to know the fluctuating markets. Additionally, they will also deal with banks and solicitors by acting as your official liaison.
- Buyers advocates can help you secure loans for the property that you want to buy. They also have a good idea regarding the different available loan options.
- They also help provide you with insights as well as knowledge about the locations and areas that you might not be familiar with.
- The buyers advocate can help you save a lot of money on travel expenses. This is especially advantageous if you are planning on buying properties from a different state or from abroad.
- They have sources and can get information about properties that have not yet been put up on the market thereby giving you prime properties at the right time before anyone else has a chance to consider it.
- They do extensive fact-finding checks and can get details about the property that the sellers do not disclose.
- They will try to get the best and lowest price for the property.
By utilising the buyer advocacy service of sellers agents, you can get the best deal that is humanly possible.
Contact us for a free consultation.
If you are looking to get a buyer advocate to do your bidding for you in South Africa, all you have to do is fill up this small contact form, and an expert from sellers agents will get back to you as soon as possible.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
5 Easy Steps
FREE 1 Hour Consultation
Part of the consultation will include the Appraisal of your home. We are happy to come and meet with you in your home at a time and day that suits you best. After hours and weekends are fine!